Tuesday, November 30, 2010

News and Training

Marathoners,

I have sent most of you an email which should allow you to post on this blog.  Also, if you are interested in being able to text the blog let me know and I can set that up for you.  Also, I enabled advertising on the blog.  If we can get more people to follow the blog there is a possibility of raising money through the advertisements.  We could spread the word to anyone wanting to help raise money for adoption or for helping Haiti in anyway.  Let me know if you have any thoughts.

Sign up for the Knoxville Half-Marathon if you want to.  If you sign up today you save $10.00.

Training:
  • Keep up the 3 mile runs if you are just starting out.  If you are already past that, keep it going.
  • Check your shoes - Right now your legs may not hurt in your old shoes with no support, but they will when we add mileage.  Its better to start now and avoid injury later
    • I would check Runner's Market for shoes, they will do a fitting for you if you want
  • Below are the times I am planning on runing this week if you want to join
    • Tuesday: Probably on the treadmill due to weather (4:00pm)
    • Wednesday: Cross Training or REST (might switch tuesday and wednesday due to weather)
    • Thursday: 4:00pm with Kolby, possibly cherokee or wherever Kolby wants to meet
    • Friday: 4:00 or 4:30pm from my house or greenway
    • Saturday: 8:00am, meeting at the New Balance Store for 6 to 8 miles
    • Sunday: REST

No comments: